6.17.2004

Chiba

I am currently sitting in a net cafe in Chiba-shi. I am on a 2 hour break from a job interview to become a Junior High School ALT, or Assistant Language Teacher. I am going to meet the Board of Education at 3pm. So I guess all is going well. I managed to memorize and emphatically introduce myself in keigo...impressive eh? I am happy.

I thought about a lot of different paths I could have possibly taken. Going to work for a securities firm in either a sales or IT capacity, going back to the recruiting field once my 3 month no-compete clause from my old company is over. I have instead decided to take this route. It will allow me the time needed to explore the possibility of returning to college at night and finishing up my 2 year degree. Something I think would be a good idea. I can do it at any one of a variety of American Universities with satellite campuses here in Tokyo. Plus I will have a paid vacation for the month of August. How sweet is that??? Very.

That means I will get the majority of the summer off and can not only make that salary but I can also get a job doing bullshit work for that month and make a double salary. That's a prospect that also makes this route enticing. It makes me happy cause I can stay in Japan, it makes Miho happy cause I can make enough money to pay off the money I owe her, it will make my parents and my cousin Rob happy cuz I can possibly return to college, and it will make my former boss happy because I will not be in violation of my contract :). That is something I never want to have to deal with again. It was a scary week for me thinking I was going to be sued worldwide by a team of lawyers and possibly thrown in jail. Scared me straight so to speak.

I am now going to share the news with family, friends, and ex-co workers. Will post some of the responses in the days to come.

Today's Plea for American Goods: I want a copy of that book "My Life" by Bill Clinton, I also need deodorant from America. Anyone who can help me with either of these things please contact me via email or post a comment below. Feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home